Writing Down Your Soul’s mythical owl icon gets a namePosted: May 11, 2011 | |
- presence–the owl is completely and fully present
- welcome–the owl always welcomes us with this greeting: “Beloved, I am here for you.”
- listen–the owl listens with ears we cannot see
- absorb–the owl takes our story so we can be free of it
- cleanses and clears–as the owl absorbs our story, a new clean fresh space opens up inside us for something new
- transmute–the owl transmutes our understanding and our experiences to a new level
- asks–the owl asks us to remember and see who we truly are
- respond–the owl always responds, we are never alone
- lift–the owls lifts us and moves us toward our wholeness
- sees–the owl sees the way, sees the story, sees the boulders, sees the light within the boulders, the owl sees it all; the ows sees us as the angels see us: whole and holy divine sparks of life
These gifts poured quickly onto the page. As they were ending, a “letter” arrived. I think it’s for you:
“Dear One, dear Beloved Writer,
A name is a fun thing, a place to put your mind for a moment, but my name is One, is All, is Love Eternal.
I am the eye into the light, a way, a path, a knowing.
I am a symbol of Who you are becoming.
You come to me. You call me and I am here.
Your witness. Your ear. You listen with one ear.
I listen with another. I hear God.
With one eye I see out and with one eye I see in.
Both are necessary.
You are here in this place, this space, this beautiful earth.
You are living your story. You came with a story.
You are walking your story, and you will someday
relinquish this story.
In between, come and share it with me.
I hear you and I hear goodness, I hear beauty, I hear joy.
I see you and I see limitless potential.
I see you as Michael sees you, as Spirit sees you–
so you can recognize yourself,
if will only look through my eyes.
Come see. Come see who you really are.”
Well, by the time that flowed onto the page, I was a little pool of jello. Anything I was worried about before I entered Michael’s was gone, gone, gone, and I was ready to reach in my little metal bucket and pull a name. Yes, the Owl had said his name was One, All, Love Eternal, but I’d promised to pick a name…
But life with Michael is always a hoot. (Pun intended.) I reached in and pulled out TWO strips of paper entwined in each other so tightly, I had to work to separate them.
When I got them open, I laughed. There were two names;
Sophia–the name for the feminine face of divine wisdom and
Sol-Solomon–revered as the wisest man who ever lived.
Our owl has a sense of humor! He/She wants us to know that it is indeed all things, a complete whole, and it really is a vehicle to wisdom.
Several people suggested these names, but the names on the two slips that came out of the bucket are:
Sophia–Susan Heffron Hajec in Michigan
Sol–Karen Loucks in Indiana
If that weren’t enough mystical joy for one day, we’re opening the Sacred Circle for Your Soul Wants Five Things in a few hours! Whew!
To get your own copy of My Soul Pages with Sophia/Sol on the cover, either visit The Store or click here for Amazon. The journal will be in your favorite store any day. Call and ask them to order it for you.
Then, let us all know what the owl has to say to you!